Lyme Disease UK has won a £1,000 Movement for Good award thanks to nominations from the public.
Lyme Disease UK was nominated to win a £1,000 boost as part of specialist insurer Ecclesiastical’s Movement for Good awards, which is giving £1million to charities this summer.
This generous donation will help to further LDUK’s work including continuing to provide patient support, hosting and attending events and producing awareness materials to ensure the nation is clued up about out the dangers of tick bites and how to recognise Lyme disease. The donation will also help us with the day to day operating costs of the charity which is currently helping over 10,000 people who are suffering from Lyme disease as well as members of the general public wanting to find out more.
Members of the public were invited to nominate causes close to their hearts, with 500 gifts of £1,000 available for donation. Lyme Disease UK was one more than 7,000 charities which were nominated by an amazing 98,000 members of the public to be in for a chance to win a financial boost.
Natasha Metcalf, Co-Founder and Chair at Lyme Disease UK said: “My team and I are beyond excited about this very generous donation which will enable us to continue raising awareness and supporting Lyme disease sufferers throughout the rest of the year now that our awareness month and ‘Wake Up to Lyme’ campaign has come to an end. We want to make this year the most successful yet now that LDUK has achieved charity status and this donation will go a long way towards fulfilling our goals for the remainder of the year. Thank you so much to everyone who nominated us and for believing in Lyme Disease UK and of course thank you very much to Ecclesiastical as well.”
Mark Hews, group chief executive at Ecclesiastical, said: “As a company whose purpose is to contribute to the greater good of society, charitable giving is at the heart of our business. We know that £1,000 can make a huge difference to the incredible work that charities do and we’re looking forward to seeing how this financial boost will change lives for the better.”
Notes for editors
Contact details Natasha Metcalf firstname.lastname@example.org
About Lyme Disease UK
- Lyme Disease UK is a registered charity raising awareness of Lyme disease and supporting those who suffer from the illness. For more information visit lymediseaseuk.com
- Owned by a registered charity, Allchurches Trust, Ecclesiastical is a specialist insurer of the faith, heritage, fine art, charities, education and private client sectors
- Ecclesiastical is one of the UK’s top five company givers to charity according to the 2017-18 UK Guide to Company Giving. After donating £50m to charity in three years, Ecclesiastical launched a bold vision in 2016 to raise £100m for good causes by the end of 2020. In August 2018, the Group announced it had already raised £50million towards its target. Find out more at ecclesiastical.com/ourstory
About the Movement for Good awards
- Ecclesiastical has launched a new £1million giving programme, called the Movement for Good awards which will help charities change lives for the better. 500 charities will receive £1,000 and 10 charities will receive £50,000 aimed at supporting innovation in the sector
- The £1,000 awards launch on 23 April and is open to all UK-registered charities. The £50,000 awards are open to all UK-registered charities with an income of less than £5m, which support the advancement of education and skills; citizenship or community development; arts, culture or heritage. For more information visit ecclesiastical.com/movement-for-good