Skip to content
Nicola Lavin, 37
- Bitten in New York state USA when visiting in 2001.
- Came home unwell but then discovered she was pregnant and symptoms were attributed to pregnancy.
- Went into heart failure during pregnancy, so baby had to be delivered early.
- Recovered somewhat with heart medication but still didn’t feel well.
- Was eventually diagnosed with M.E. 9 years later.
- Negative Lyme disease ELISA from NHS.
- Gradually became more unwell.
- Had steroid infusions with NHS before Christmas 2015 and got significantly worse bringing Lyme into question.
- Had private Lyme disease tests which were positive.
- Started treatment privately and is now making improvements.